KP authorized 14.5 billion PKR for 115 ADP projects. According to news reports, the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) government granted PKR 14.5 billion for 115 development projects under the Annual Development Program (ADP). These newly added projects are in the sports, tourism, youth development sectors, and construction and infrastructure development.
Read more with EL news : A survey is being conducted to develop a land-use plan for KP
According to the reports, the projects are as follows:
- 106 of the 115 projects are continuing, while nine are new. 77 of the 115 projects are for established districts, while 29 are for newly amalgamated communities.
- Under the Accelerated Implementation Programme, PKR 2.405 billion has been earmarked to develop sports grounds and the renovation of existing sports infrastructure.
- With the assistance of the World Bank (WB), PKR 3 billion would be spent on the building of four tourism development zones, in addition to PKR 146 million budgeted for visitor facilitation centers.
- PKR 6.217 billion has been aside for the development of 30 near-completion projects.
- A total of PKR 37 billion has been allotted to ten high-priority projects, with PKR 10 billion issued during the current fiscal year.
The projects were approved during the Annual Development Program (ADP) annual review meeting. It was presided over by Chief Minister Mahmood Khan and attended by Additional Chief Secretary Shahab Ali Shah, Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister Amjad Ali Khan, Secretary Tourism Muhammad Abid Majeed, Director General Sports Asfandyar Khattak, and other relevant officials.
Additionally, it informed the audience that it would create 12 different tourism sites in the Malakand division and six access roads to tourist attractions in the Hazara division. These sites would be for tourism spots so the people can enjoy from the nature of Pakistan.
Keep up with Estate Land Marketing for news and updates.