News stories from December 21 say that the Punjab Provincial Development Working Party (PDWP) has approved nine development plans worth a total of PKR 18.76 billion.
Read more with EL news: Pakistan requests China’s assistance in realigning Karakorum Highway
The plans were approved at the 35th meeting of the PDWP, which was led by Abdullah Khan Sumbal, who is the head of the Planning and Development (P&D) Board. Among the approved plans are:
- PKR 7,285.422 billion to build a 47-kilometer road from the Lahore Ring Road to the Kasur Bypass, going through Ladhekay, Rao Khan Wala, and Gaggar Village.
- PKR 5,304.465 million to fix up Saggian Road in Lahore and make it better.
- PKR 1,791,542,000 for buying land to build a road from the Lahore Ring Road to the Kasur Bypass via Ladhekay, Rao Khan Wala, and Gaggar Village.
- PKR 1,111.094 million for the construction of an underpass between Babu Sabu Intersection and Tallat Park, as well as the dualization of the existing subway across Motorway M-2 in Lahore.
- PKR 872.516 million for the construction of overpasses for pedestrians in different parts of Lahore
- PKR 788,999,000,000 to widen the road from Tibbi Morr, MM Road, to Chor Wala Morr, Sargodha Road, via the village of Chor Wala, District Mianwali.
- The improvement of Main Barki Road from Lahore School of Economics (LSE) to BRB Canal Bridge will cost PKR 589.793 million.
- PKR 521.187 million to improve the 11.25-kilometer road from Tuti Bun Chowk to Bhagwal, Chakwal.
- The Thal Canal and a 21-kilometer waterway between Piplan Harnoli Road and Degree College Kundian in Tehsil Piplan and District Mianwali will be fixed up with PKR 502.320 million.