The Central Business District (CBD)’s Punjab Boulevard, also known as the Kalma Chowk Underpass renovation, was completed in 152 days and opened to the public on 7 May, according to an announcement published in the nation’s leading newspapers.
Read more with EL news: In each district of Baluchistan, e-facilitation centers will be established
This project’s particulars include:
- Advanced building simulation and design
- A corridor devoid of traffic signals from Barkat Market to Liberty Chowk and Ali Zeb Road, funded with PKR 4.2 billion
- Daily facilitation of more than 0.3 million vehicle commutes
- Featuring the world’s first blue road created to conserve degrading environmental conditions
- In addition, Lahore Commissioner Muhammad Ali Randhawa visited the newly inaugurated Ali
- Zeb Underpass and inspected the development work. A formal inauguration ceremony for the project will be held shortly, he revealed. He praised the timely completion of the Ali Zeb Underpass and the Kalma Chowk Redesign.
The Punjab Central Business District Development Authority (PCBDDA) has also announced that construction of a new 300-foot-wide main road connecting Gulberg Central Business District to Walton Road and Ferozepur Road will begin by the end of the month. The project will be completed in four months and will include an overpass to cross railway tracks.
According to reports, the authority is presently finalizing preparations for the ‘CBD Square Boulevard’ project. The estimated cost of the 3.5-kilometer-long road flyover project is PKR 8.5 billion. After the completion of the route, Ali Zeb route and Ferozepur Road will carry less traffic.