According to news, the Punjab Provincial Development Working Party (PDWP) has approved 19 development plans in different areas. The total cost of these plans is PKR 31,975.569 million.
Read more with EL news: Punjab a land of opportunity and investment, research says
Chairman of the Planning and Development Board and Chief Secretary of Punjab Abdullah Khan Sumbal led the 12th PDWP meeting. Here are the details of the plans that have been approved:
- Mohata Dam in Rawalpindi is being built at a cost of PKR 3,890.625 million.
- The estimated cost of building an underpass at Samanabad Morr on Multan Road in Lahore is PKR 2,061.560 million.
- At a cost of PKR 1,848.658 million, the Lahore Raiwind Road from Lake City to Raiwind will be fixed up.
- At a total cost of PKR 828.234 million, the 17.43-kilometer road from Raiwind Phatak to Sue-Asal in Lahore District is being fixed up.
- The 18-kilometer Manga Raiwind road in District Lahore is being widened and improved at a total cost of PK 2,203,630 million.
- At a cost of PKR 6,578.139 million, the 33-kilometer Ferozepur Road from Gajju Matta to Kasur will be fixed up.
- The 14.05-kilometer-long Sangla Hill-Safdarabad Road in Nankana Sahib District will be fixed up at a cost of about PKR 1,042,069,000.
- At a cost of PKR 528.715 million, the Sangla Hill Motorway Interchange (M-4) road in Nankana Sahib District is being fixed up.
- At a cost of PKR 1,314.280 million, the 22-kilometer road from Sangala Hill to Sukheki will be fixed up.
- At a cost of PKR 854.850 million, a section of the road from Wazirabad to Daska in the district of Gujranwala will be fixed up.
- At a cost of 1,028.813 million, the road from Awan Chowk to Bhag Chowk via Nowshera Virkan in Gujranwala District will be fixed up. This road is 42.70 kilometres long.
- At a cost of PKR 2,493.218 million, the road from Nankana Sahib to Shahkot, which is 28 kilometres long, will be fixed up.
- Costing a total of PKR 711.123 million, the road from Mor Eminabad to Whando Interchange through Eminabad, Channian, and Kotli Nawab Tehsil Kamoki in Gujranwala District is being fixed up.
- The cost of repairing the 12.5-kilometer-long Sialkot-Marala road in District Sialkot was PKR 1,261.598 million. The cost of repairing the Gujranwala Pasrur road section from Gujranwala to the Lahore-Sialkot Motorway was PKR 757.36 million.
- At a cost of PKR 1,637,650 million, a 36-kilometer road from Narowal to Shakargarh in District Narowal will be fixed up.
Sialkot’s Wazirabad-Daska road will be fixed up and fixed up again at a cost of PKR 902.653 million.
Basic Education Commission Services (BECS) and National Commission for Human Development (NCHD), which will cost a total of PKR 1,471.388 million.